Out of all the precious stones, granite is the hardest and less porous one. Granite is a natural stone issued from the cooling of earth’s magma. It is composed of quartz, mica and potassium. It is a 100% natural material with a speckled, granular and crystalline appearance.
Thanks to these qualities, it is the most countertop material used. Being a high-end material, its durability, and its luxurious aspect makes granite a high demand in the product.
Available in a vast range of colours, its sparkling finish can vary from polished to soft. Many varieties of granite counters come from Quebec. They are usually a little less expensive than imported varieties.
We incidentally offer our customers the possibility to choose the granite block that will be used to make their countertop.
The nobility of granite and its addition to the kitchen or the bathroom will guaranty those rooms an ideal look.
Characteristics of a granite countertop
- Outdoors or indoors application (colours do not change with UV rays or frost)
- Choice of “slab” possible
- Repolishing possible
- Splice repairs possible (almost invisible)
- The weight
- Seal the surface upon installation and then once a year
- Porous (be careful with fats and oils)
- Certain pieces may present some imperfections (100% natural materials)
- Cannot be renewed
- No consistency from a slab to another